FAQs for Sleep Solution Plus
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Dr. Connealy developed Sleep Solution Plus to help with the occasional sleeplessness that is increasingly common as people age. Poor sleep is not only disruptive but it also increases your stress and impacts your overall health.
Sleep Solution Plus provides a unique combination of ingredients that help promote sleep and ease the stress and nervous energy that can interfere with a good night’s sleep.
2. Who should take this product?
Sleep Solution Plus is designed for anyone who needs help with occasional sleeplessness, including those who have difficult falling asleep, staying asleep, or who want to improve the quality of their sleep.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps you get to sleep faster
- Helps promote a better and more restful sleep
- Helps improve sleep quality, sleep patterns, and promotes prolonged sleep
- Helps promote a restful, relaxed state
- Helps promote relaxation and ease stress
- Helps increase melatonin levels
- May help promote a better mental state in the morning
- Helps to promote feelings of well-being
- Helps to reduce feelings of stress
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 1 vege-capsule
Venetron® Apocynum venetum Leaf Extract
- Venetron® is a proprietary standardized extract of Apocynum venetum—a shrub in the dogbane family that grows extensively in China’s mid- to northwestern regions.
- A. venetum has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine to soothe nerves and promote relaxation
- Venetron® contains consistent levels of several bioactive compounds, including flavonoids (hyperoside, isoquercitrin, malonylhyperoside, and quercitrin) that are believed to be responsible for its mood enhancing effect
- A flavonoid in Venetron® known as kaempferol has been shown to promote relaxation in mice studies.
- Several clinical studies suggest that 50 mg of Venetron® helps reduce stress, improve mood, promote better sleep, and increase serotonin levels
- A small clinical trial showed that the combination of Venetron® and GABA helped subjects fall asleep faster and induced deep sleep. Subjects also woke feeling more rested than those taking placebo.
- A small study in studies showed a combination of Venetron® and GABA helps reduce cortisol levels and other markers of cognitive-induced mental stress.
GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid)
- GABA is an amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It is essential for brain metabolism, aiding in proper brain function.
- GABA is a nonessential amino acid that is formed in the body from another amino acid, glutamic acid. Its function is to decrease neuron activity and inhibit nerve cells from over firing.
- In the body, GABA works with niacin and inositol to increase relaxation and prevent stress-related messages from reaching the motor centers of the brain.
- Several studies suggest that supplementing with 100 mg of GABA helps promote mental relaxation by stimulating alpha and beta brain waves.
- Melatonin is a hormone released by the pituitary gland at night that helps dictate sleep patterns.
- Around the age of 40, adults begin to experience declines in their melatonin secretions, which may explain why older people experience difficulties in their sleep.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, subjects taking 3 mg of melatonin before bed experienced significant increases in the amount of time spent in REM sleep.
- A small study in healthy elderly adults found that supplementing with melatonin helped improve sleep quality, and subjects awoke feeling more rested.
- There is a belief that green tea is relaxing due to the presence of L-theanine and its calming effects on the mind.
- L-Theanine helps increase brain alpha-wave activity, which is the signal produced when the brain is in a relaxed state.
- Several studies suggest that supplementing with 200 mg of L-theanine helps ease stress and promote relaxation.
- L-Theanine has research to support that it helps improve sleep efficiency and promotes a better mental state upon waking.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
The product contains no milk or milk by-products, egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, and soybean or soybean by-products.
It contains no artificial colors or preservatives. This product is also sugar free.
9. Does this product contain gluten?
Sleep Solution Plus is naturally gluten free.
10. What excipients or “other ingredients” are used in this product?
Hypromellose, L-Leucine, and silicon dioxide.
11. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
12. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Sleep Solution Plus is intended for adult use only at bedtime. It is not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
If you are taking medications or have a medical condition, consult a physician before using this product.
Do not use in conjunction with alcoholic beverages, when driving a vehicle, or while operating machinery.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
13. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy’s other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, with two exceptions, Sleep Solution Plus is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
Do not take Sleep Solution Plus the same day as Heartburn Re-Leaf or Melatonin. Taking both supplements the same day would be more melatonin than you should take without consulting your physician.
14. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and stored in a cool, dry place.
15. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Sleep Solution Plus is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California’s Proposition 65—the most stringent in the country.
16. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Sleep Solution Plus is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia)—one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
17. How and when should I take this product?
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) capsule 30-60 minutes before bedtime with a full glass of water.
18. How many vegecaps are in the bottle?
30. Taken as recommended, 1 bottle is a one month supply.