FAQs for Saffronex
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Life is all about balance. Work, family, or just life in general can make you feel “down” from time to time. Your body uses neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine to balance your mood, and give you a positive, focused outlook on life.
Dr. Connealy created Saffronex to help provide the vitamins and botanical precursors you need to maintain healthy levels of these key neurotransmitters and to help you keep a positive, vibrant mood along with plenty of drive and motivation.
2. Who should take this product?
Saffronex is designed for adults who would like additional dietary support for a healthy, balanced mood.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps to promote feelings of well-being
- Supports a positive mood
- Helps brighten your mood
- Helps increase serotonin levels, for an uplifted mood
- Helps increase dopamine levels – the neurotransmitter that controls motivation and drive
- Promotes healthy homocysteine levels, which have been shown to promote a positive mood
- Supports a positive mental outlook
- May help support mood-related sexual arousal and function in both men and women
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 2 Capsules
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)
- Vitamin B6 and the other B vitamins play a role in energy production, cardiovascular health and protein metabolism.
- Helps to promote normal homocysteine levels along with folic acid and vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B6 is a necessary cofactor for production of the mood boosting neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Clinical studies suggest that vitamin B6 can help promote a healthy and positive mood.
- Folic Acid is involved in proper synthesis of RNA and DNA, the nucleic acids that maintain our genetic codes and insure healthy cell division.
- Folic acid helps to promote normal homocysteine levels alone and in combination with vitamins B6 and B12.
- Folic acid is a necessary cofactor for production of the mood boosting neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Clinical studies suggest that folic acid can help promote a healthy and positive mood.
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin B12 functions in the Krebs cycle by activating Coenzyme A, which is important in energy production.
- Vitamin B12 is required to maintain a healthy nervous system and regulate DNA replication and the formation of red blood cells.
- Helps promote normal homocysteine levels along with folic acid and vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12 also helps the body to better utilize glucose from carbohydrates to produce mitochondrial energy.
- Vitamin B12 is a necessary cofactor for production of the mood boosting neurotransmitter serotonin.
Saffron stigmas extract (standardized to 2% safranal-IN)
- Saffron is one of the world’s most expensive spices, and has long been used as a spice, fragrance, and in traditional medicine.
- Saffron extract supports healthy dopamine levels, which has been clinically shown to promote a healthy and positive mood.
- Several clinical studies have shown its ability to improve mood in adults.
- Placebo-controlled clinical studies suggest that supplementing with saffron extract can support mood-related sexual arousal and function in both men and women.
Griffonia extract 98% 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia) seed extract
- 5-HTP is extracted from the seeds of the Griffonia plant, a shrub native to Africa.
- The body converts 5-HTP into serotonin, a process that requires vitamin B6.
- Helps increase serotonin levels.
- Helps promote a positive mood.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
The saffron stigmas extract is standardized to 2% safranal-IN and the griffonia seed extract is standardized to 98% 5-HTP.
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No, this product contains gelatin. The gelatin found in the capsules is made from bovine (cow) and/ or porcine (pig) sources. Our capsules are all pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
The product contains no milk or milk by-products, egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, and soybean or soybean by-products.
It contains no artificial colors or preservatives. This product is also sugar free.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, L-Leucine, maltodextrin, and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Pregnant or lactating women should consult a health care professional before taking this product.
Immediately discontinue use and consult your physician if you experience muscle soreness or stiffness. Consult your physician before taking this product if you are taking carbidopa, SSRIs, MAO inhibitors, or tricyclic antidepressants, pain medications (ex.Tramadol), migraine drugs (ex. Sumatriptan), SNRIs (ex. Meridia), or if you become pregnant or are lactating.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. What is the difference between Saffronex and your other mood-enhancing product, Calm EX?
Saffronex is designed to help lift your spirits when you are feeling down, sad, or unmotivated. It's been proven to chase away the blues and restore your happy, positive mood.
Calm EX goes to work fast to help deal with stress and overwhelming feelings. It helps calm your emotions, regain control, and restore your peace of mind so you can relax and get on with your day.
13. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy’s other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Saffronex is designed to be safe to take with all of the other products in the Newport Natural Health line.
However, we recommend that when it comes to choosing between Saffronex and Calm EX, you should take the one that's most appropriate for your specific needs or concerns.
14. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and store it in a cool, dry place.
15. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Calm EX is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California’s Proposition 65 – the most stringent in the country.
16. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Calm EX is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food-borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
17. How and when should I take this product?
Take one (1) capsule twice daily with a meal, or as directed by a medical professional.
18. How many capsules are in the bottle?
60. Taken as recommended, each bottle is a 30 day supply of the supplement.