FAQs for Prostate Plus
1. Why did Dr. Connealy add this product to her Newport Natural Health line?
Dr. Connealy knows that many men over 50 are looking for support for healthy prostate function. She developed Prostate Plus to be a safe, natural, and effective prostate support supplement for men.
Prostate Plus is a unique combination of the clinically researched ingredients Dr. Connealy recommends to help promote healthy urinary function during both day and night and to help support healt hy urinary flow.
2. Who should take this product?
Prostate Plus is designed for men looking for a solution to help support a healthy prostate gland.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps promote normal urinary function and flow
- Promotes healthy prostate tissue and function
- Reduces production of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which helps reduce testosterone's conversion to DHT for a healthy prostate
- Promotes smooth muscle relaxation around the bladder neck, which supports healthy urinary flow
- Helps reduce the volume of urine left in the bladder and the urge to urinate at night
- Provides antioxidant protection for the prostate tissue
- Helps maintain normal prostate size
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
||Per 2 softgels
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
||10 mcg (400 IU)
- Vitamin D is also called the sunshine vitamin. It is the only vitamin naturally produced in the body
- The body makes vitamin D in the skin from a metabolite of cholesterol and ultraviolet UVB light.
- Although vitamin D is required to maintain bone density, studies suggest that vitamin D affects other organ systems in the body, including the heart and brain
- The bioactive form of vitamin D binds to vitamin D receptors. These receptors are found are present on prostate cells
- Vitamin D levels have been associated with healthy prostate function
- There is an association between vitamin D levels in the body and prostate health
|Plant Sterols (pine trunk Phytopin®)
- Phytopin® is a Pine Bark extract that is a concentrated source of phytosterols, and particularly beta sitosterol
- Phytosterols have been shown to help increase urinary flow and function
- They also help reduce the amount of urine left in the bladder
- Beta sitosterol is believed to be the most important phytosterol for prostate health. It has been shown to help increase peak urinary flow
|Total sterols (>99%)
Campesterol & stanol (<12%)
Other Sterols (<3%)
|Saw Palmetto extract
- Saw palmetto inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone to the more potent androgen DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
- Saw palmetto berries exhibit a mild alpha-1-antagonist effect, which helps to relax smooth muscle around the bladder neck and to support healthy voiding
|Pygeum extract (Pygeum africanum (bark)) 13% phytosterols
- The main component of the Pygeum is beta-sitosterol, which binds to prostate tissue and affects the metabolism of prostaglandins, to support prostate comfort
- Many studies suggest that the beta-sitosterol from Pygeum helps promote healthy urinary function during the day and at night
|Reishi Mushroom extract (Ganoderma lucidum) (fruiting bodies) 4% triterpene
- Reishi mushrooms have a shiny appearance and have been used traditionally for more than 4,000 years history of use.
- Several polysaccharides (chains of sugar molecules) found in reishi mushrooms have immune stimulating capabilities.
- Many herbalists believe that reishi is the perfect remedy for reducing stress and for immune enhancement.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
The Phytopin® plant sterols are standardized to >99% total sterols, >70% beta-sitosterol, <15% beta-sitostanol, <12% campesterol and stanol, and <3% other sterols.
6. Is the formula kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No, this product contains gelatin. The gelatin found in the capsules is made from bovine (cow) and/ or porcine (pig) sources. Our capsules are all pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
The product contains no milk or milk by-products, egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, and soybean or soybean by-products.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Sunflower oil, gelatin, glycerin, sunflower lecithin, purified water, yellow beeswax, silicon dioxide, caramel DS 400 and maltodextrin.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Prostate Plus is safe for most men to take.
This product is not intended for women.
Prostate Plus should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy's other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Prostate Plus can be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle closed and store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Prostate Plus is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65 - the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Prostate Plus is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. How and when should I take this product?
Take two (2) softgels daily with meals.
17. How many softgels are in the package?
60. Taken as recommended, each package is a 30 day supply of the supplement.