FAQs for Joint Renewal
1. Why did Newport Natural Health create this product?
We combined two of the most unique and effective ingredients that have been shown in clinical trials to support joint health in her Joint Renewal formula.
More powerful than the traditional combination of glucosamine and chondroitin; the blend of UC-II and a new, highly absorbable form of curcumin in Joint Renewal work quickly to help ease your everyday aches & pains and improve your joint flexibility, mobility and function.
2. Who should take this product?
Joint Renewal is designed for anyone interested in improving their joint mobility and flexibility, while relieving everyday aches, pains and stiffness.
What to know if you're taking medications: Joint Renewal is safe for everyone to take. However, if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking Plavix (clopidogrel), Coumadin (warfarin), Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate), or any other blood thinning medications, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps alleviate everyday joint aches and pains
- Helps reduce joint discomfort
- Helps promote joint health
- Helps improve joint mobility, flexibility, and function
- Helps promote a normal inflammatory response
- Provides antioxidants that reduce free radicals for healthy joints
- Helps maintain healthy cartilage
- More than twice as effective in maintaining joint comfort compared to glucosamine and chondroitin
- Combines a highly bioavailable form of curcumin with UC-II to help promote joint mobility, comfort, and improve quality of life
- Contains Cavacurmin® Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome), which was shown in a small human clinical to be more than 40 times more absorbable than regular curcumin powder
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
||Per 1 vege-cap
|Cavacurmin® Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome) (Turmeric root extract, gamma cyclodextrin) (minimum 14% curcuminoids)
- Turmeric root is traditionally used in India and South-East Asia to alleviate aches and pain.
- Curcuminoids are the active components of turmeric; however they are large, fat-soluble molecules that are difficult to absorb orally. Curcumin is the most important curcuminoid in turmeric root extracts.
- Cavacurmin® Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome) combines turmeric root extract with gamma-cyclodextrin, a type of glucose molecule with a hydrophobic (fat loving) center and a hydrophilic (water loving) exterior. It essentially binds to and wraps around the curcumin, allowing it to become water dispersible, making it easier to absorb.
- A small, human clinical trial indicates that Cavacurmin® W8 Curcumin Complex is more than 40 times more bioavailable than standard curcumin.
- Curcumin helps to promote a normal inflammatory response, and preliminary evidence suggests that curcumin may help to support optimal joint overall health.
- Clinical trials indicate that curcumin helps reduce everyday joint aches and pains, while improving joint flexibility and function.
- Curcumin has also been shown to a maintain normal inflammatory response by decreasing the presence of key markers of inflammation in the body.
|UC-II® Standardized Chicken Cartilage (providing 10 mg Undenatured Type II Collagen)
- UC-II® is a patented undenatured form of cartilage derived from chicken sternums. It is processed under low heat to preserve the structure of the collagen.
- It is the only undenatured form of collagen on the market -- all other type II collagens are denatured (hydrolyzed) which may reduce their effectiveness.
- Studies indicate that UC-II may be twice as effective as glucosamine and chondroitin in maintaining joint comfort, mobility and flexibility.
Some of your products say they have Cavacurcumin® Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome) and some say Cavamax® W8 Curcumin Complex®. Which is better?
These are the same curcumin, prepared in the same exact way with the same exact potency. The name was changed, and some of our labels were printed before the name change and some were printed after. You are getting the same supplement either way.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
Cavacurmin® is standardized to contain a minimum 14% (70 mg) curcuminoids.
UC-II® is standardized to provide 10 mg of undenatured type II collagen.
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No. UC-II is derived from chicken cartilage
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
This product contains NO milk or milk by-products, egg or egg by-products, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, peanuts or peanut byproducts, soybean or soybean by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, gluten or sodium.
This product is naturally gluten free.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Gamma cyclodextrin, hypromellose, potassium chloride, L-leucine, and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
Some people may experience loose bowels when first taking products that contain curcumin. Make sure you take it on a full stomach at the recommended dosage. As with any food product, there may be infrequent and highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should consider discontinuing use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications with this product and any other medications?
Joint Renewal is safe for most people to take. However, if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking blood thinning prescription medications, including Warfarin (the brand name for this drug is Coumadin) or Plavix, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Newport Natural Health other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Joint Renewal is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed and store it in a cool, dry place.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Joint Renewal is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65 - the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Joint Renewal is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. I am already taking your other Curcumin EX Plus supplement. If I take the Joint Renewal, is it necessary to take the other supplement?
While you can get additional benefit from taking additional curcumin, the clinical research on the UC-II collagen indicates that 40 mg daily (the amount in our supplement) is the most that will be useful in maintaining joint health. If you are interested in additional curcumin, we recommend taking our Curcumin EX Plus product, instead of taking additional doses of Joint Renewal.
You cannot overdose on curcumin. They can both be taken daily per the directions on the bottles.
17. How and when should I take this product?
Take one (1) vege-cap daily, preferably with meals, or as directed by your health care professional.
18. How many vege-caps are in the bottle?
30. Taken as recommended, each bottle is a 30 day supply of the supplement.
18. I just received an order with a label I wasn't expecting. What happened?
We’ve updated our look! It was time for a change, but only on our labels. Inside the bottle, you’re still getting the same top-quality product with the purest, most potent ingredients Nature has to offer. There has been no change in the formula.