FAQs for Heartburn Re-Leaf
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Dr. Connealy understands how important proper digestion is to maintaining overall health. Overeating, eating too late, or eating things we shouldn’t, can lead to occasional acid indigestion, heartburn, gas, and bloating.
She created Heartburn Re-Leaf to help support overall digestion, and to help alleviate occasional gastrointestinal disturbances such as reflux. Melatonin was included for both GI health and to help you sleep.
2. Who should take this product?
Heartburn Re-Leaf is designed for anyone looking for relief from occasional, digestive disturbances such as indigestion, gas, bloating and heartburn.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Supports normal digestion of your food
- Promotes digestive health and nutrient absorption
- Helps to relieve occasional digestive disturbances from overeating such as gas, bloating, indigestion, heartburn and “sour stomach”
- Helps reduce occasional acid indigestion and occasional reflux while helping you get a good night’s sleep
- Helps soothe the digestive tract
- Helps neutralize stomach acid
- Promote regular bowel movements
- Promote digestive health and nutrient absorption
- Increase levels of good bacteria in the gut
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 1 Vege-cap
- Melatonin is a hormone released at night by the pineal gland that is primarily associated with sleep, however most people do not realize that it is also secreted in the gut.
- Cells in the gastrointestinal tract secrete nearly 400 times more melatonin than the pineal gland. The release of GI melatonin appears to be related to food intake.
- Melatonin has been shown to protect the GI tract in several ways: it is a potent antioxidant, it inhibits the secretion of hydrochloric acid and pepsin, and it stimulates the immune system.
- Studies suggest that melatonin may help relieve occasional acid indigestion and occasional reflux.
- Melatonin helps promote optimal sleep and should be only be taken before bedtime.
Bilear® Artichoke Leaf Extract
- Artichoke extracts have traditionally been used to alleviate occasional digestive discomfort, support the kidneys, and promote liver health.
- Clinical trials suggest that artichoke helps increase bile acid production and secretion.
- A clinical trial suggests that 640 mg of artichoke leaf extract may help relieve occasional indigestion and/or “sour stomach”.
- Artichoke leaf extract helps maintain the wellbeing of the gastrointestinal tract.
Bifidobacterium lactis HN 019
1.8 Billion CFU
- B. lactis is a rod-shaped bacterium, which can be found in the large intestines of most mammals, including humans. It is known for its ability to grow in milk, its adherence to human intestinal mucus, and its immune benefits.
- Research found that B. lactis promotes gut health by discouraging the growth of less beneficial bacteria and preventing them from colonizing in the GI tract.
- B. lactis has been shown to help promote regularity by shortening gut transit time.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
Bilear® Artichoke Leaf Extract is triple standardized to ≥0.3% flavonoids (expressed as luteolin-7-0-glucoside), ≥2.5% caffeoylquinic acid (expressed as chlorogenic acid), and ≥0.6% chlorogenic acid.
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
This product contains milk. However, it contains no fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, peanuts or peanut byproducts, soybean or soybean by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, gluten or sodium.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Hypromellose, lactose, L-leucine and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
This product may cause drowsiness and should only be used at bedtime.
As with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Heartburn Re-Leaf is safe for most adults to take at bedtime. However, it is not intended for use by pregnant or lactating women.
If you are taking medications or have a medical condition, consult a physician before using this product. Do not use in conjunction with alcoholic beverages, when driving a motor vehicle, or while operating machinery.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy’s other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Heartburn Re-Leaf is designed to be safe to take with all of the other products in the Newport Natural Health line.
Do not take Heartburn Re-Leaf the same day as Sleep Solution Plus or Melatonin. Taking both supplements the same day would be more melatonin than you should take without consulting your physician.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and store it in a cool, dry place.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Heartburn Re-Leaf is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California’s Proposition 65 – the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Heartburn Re-Leaf is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food-borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. How and when should I take this product?
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) vege-cap daily at bedtime, or as directed by your health care professional.
17. How many capsules are in the bottle?
30. Taken as recommended, each bottle is a 30 day supply of the supplement.