FAQs for Curcumin EX Plus
1. Why did Newport Natural Health create this product?
New research suggests the curcuminoids in turmeric offer a wide range of healthy benefits.* Unfortunately, regular curcumin products are particularly difficult to absorb.
To overcome this challenge, we created Curcumin EX Plus–a curcumin formula that is up to 40 times more absorbable than standard curcumin extracts. Curcumin EX Plus also includes grape seed extract, resveratrolm and red wine polyphenols—three powerful antioxidants that will make this formula work even better for you.
This unique combination of ingredients helps target the free radicals and helps promote joint and cardiovascular health.
2. Who should take this product?
Curcumin EX Plus is designed for anyone looking for extra antioxidant support. It is also ideal for anyone wishing to help reduce temporary inflammation associated with physical overexertion to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, comfort their joints and age gracefully.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Combines a highly bioavailable form of curcumin with powerful antioxidants to promote overall health and well being
- Contains Cavacurmin™ Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome), which was shown in a small human clinical to be up to 40 times more absorbable than regular curcumin powder
- Provides antioxidant protection against free radical damage
- Supports healthy aging
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- May help to maintain cellular health
- Helps promote joint health
- Helps to support the body's natural detoxification processes
- May help reduce temporary inflammation associated with physical overexertion*
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 1 softgel
Cavacurmin™ Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome)
- Turmeric root is traditionally used in India and South-East Asia to support healthy joints.*
- Curcuminoids are the active components of turmeric; however they are large, fat-soluble molecules that are difficult to absorb orally
- Cavacurmin™ Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome) combines turmeric root extract with gamma-cyclodextrin, a type of glucose molecule with a hydrophobic (fat loving) center and a hydrophilic (water loving) exterior, It essentially binds to and wraps around the curcumin, allowing it to become water dispersible, making it easier to absorb
- A small, unpublished human clinical trial indicates that Cavacurmin™ Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome) is up to 40 times more bioavailable than standard curcumin
- Curcumin may help reduce temporary inflammation associated with physical overexertion and preliminary evidence suggests that curcumin may help to support optimal cardiovascular, mental, and overall health
- Preliminary evidence also suggests that curcumin may promote phase II-metabolizing enzymes, which supports liver detoxification. This helps the body rid itself of toxins
|Grape Seed Extract (95% OPC)
- Grape seed extract, an extract from the seeds of red grapes, contains compounds known as oligomeric procyanidins (OPC)
- These antioxidants help reduce free radical damage and oxidative stress from both water- and fat-soluble free radicals. The cardio protective effect of red wine consumption is attributed to OPC
- Animal studies indicate that OPC from grape seed protect the fatty acids in skin from UV-B damage
- Research indicates that OPC may also support capillary strength and may help to maintain collagen and elastin. They also have been linked to a healthy inflammatory response.
- In vitro work suggests that grape seed extract contributes to the relaxation of blood vessels via nitric oxide production
|Trans-Resveratrol (from Polygonum cuspidatum root extract in ResVinol-25™)
- ResVinol-25™ is a unique combination of trans resveratrol and red wine polyphenols
- Resveratrol is an antioxidant found in the skins of red grapes, peanuts, raspberries, and mulberries, in addition to the root of Japanese Knotweed
- In plants, resveratrol is synthesized as a defense mechanism to help protect it from fungi
- Trans resveratrol is the more biologically active form of the antioxidant
- Preliminary research suggests that resveratrol may support the cardiovascular system, brain function, and normal cell replication, all by alleviating oxidative stress
- Resveratrol may play a role in promoting healthy aging due to its antioxidant potential, its ability to promote cellular health, and its promotion of healthy inflammatory processes
- Preliminary research also suggests that resveratrol may protect the blood vessel walls against oxidation and inflammation, which promotes heart and vascular health
|Red Wine Polyphenols (from Grape (Vitis vinifera) fruit extract in ResVinol-25™)
- ResVinol-25™ is a unique combination of trans resveratrol and red wine polyphenols
- Polyphenols are antioxidant compounds that are found in the skin and seeds of grapes
- Red wine has more polyphenols than white wine, which is made from skinless grapes. It is theorized that the health benefits of drinking red wine in moderation are partly attributable to resveratrol and the other polyphenols it contains.
- Preliminary studies suggest that red wine polyphenols may inhibit platelet aggregation, thus supporting the cardiovascular system
- Polyphenols are believed to promote optimal cellular health
- Animal research suggests that wine polyphenols support healthy blood pressure and healthy blood vessel vasodilation (which is when blood vessels are relaxed and expanded)
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
- Cavacurmin™ Turmeric Curcuminoids Complex (rhizome): 14% curcuminoids
- Grape Seed Extract: 95% oligomeric procyanidins (OPC)
- ResVinol-25™: 25% trans-resveratrol, 20% red wine polyphenols
6. Is the formula kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No. The gelatin found in the softgel is made from bovine (cow) and porcine (pig) sources. Our softgels are all pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by
leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
However it contains no milk or milk by-products, egg or egg by-products, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanuts or peanut by-products, soy or soy products. It contains no artificial colors or preservatives.
This product is naturally gluten free.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Medium chain triglycerides, gamma cyclodextrin, gelatin, glycerin, sunflower lecithin, purified water, turmeric dispersion in sunflower oil, yellow beeswax and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
Some people may experience loose bowels when first taking products that contain curcumin. Make sure you take it on a full stomach at the recommended dosage. As with any product, there may be some infrequent and/or unusual reactions to this or any other nutritional supplement. If you experience a recurring reaction, you should discontinue use of this product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Curcumin EX Plus is safe for most people to take.
However, you should consult your health care professional before taking this product if you're taking prescription medications or are pregnant or lactating.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Newport Natural Health's other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Curcumin EX Plus is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and stored in a cool, dry place.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Curcumin EX Plus is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65 - the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Curcumin EX Plus is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. How and when should I take this product?
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) softgel daily with a meal.
17. How many capsules are in the bottle?
30. Taken as recommended, each bottle is a 30 day supply of the supplement.