FAQs for Prostate Plus
1. Why did Newport Natural Health create this product?
Many men over 50 are looking for relief from their prostate problems. Prostate Plus was designed to be a safe, natural, and effective solution for men looking to restore healthy prostate function.
Prostate Plus is a unique combination of clinically researched ingredients that have been shown to help reduce urinary frequency during the day and importantly, during the night, and to help urinary flow. This unique combination helps maintain normal prostate size and healthy prostate function.
2. Who should take this product?
Prostate Plus is designed for men looking for a solution to help support a healthy prostate and improve urinary flow.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Promotes healthy prostate tissue and function
- Helps promote normal urinary function and flow
- Inhibits production of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which helps reduce testosterone’s conversion to DHT for a healthy prostate
- Promotes smooth muscle relaxation around the bladder neck, which allows for optimal urinary flow
- Helps reduce the volume of urine left in the bladder and the urge to urinate at night
- Helps maintain normal prostate size
- Provides antioxidant protection for the prostate tissue
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
||Per 2 softgels
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
||20 mcg (800 IU)
- Vitamin D is also called the sunshine vitamin. It is the only vitamin naturally produced in the body
- The body makes vitamin D in the skin from a metabolite of cholesterol and ultraviolet UVB light.
- Although vitamin D is required to maintain bone density, studies suggest that vitamin D affects other organ systems in the body, including the heart and brain
- The bioactive form of vitamin D binds to vitamin D receptors. These receptors are found are present on prostate cells
- Vitamin D levels have been associated with healthy prostate function
- There is an association between vitamin D levels in the body and prostate health
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)
- Zinc, which enhances immune functioning, is found in the highest concentrations in the body in a healthy prostate
- Evidence indicates that zinc plays a critical role in the normal functioning of the prostate.
- In high concentrations, zinc inhibited the activity of 5-alpha reductase, decreasing the conversion of testosterone to DHT in prostate tissue.
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)
- Supports the immune system and scavenges free radicals
- Research suggests that selenium is a critical nutrient for maintaining prostate health
|Saw Palmetto extract
- Saw palmetto inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone to the more potent androgen DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
- Saw palmetto berries exhibit a mild alpha-1-antagonist effect, which helps to relax smooth muscle around the bladder neck and to support healthy voiding
- Saw palmetto has also been shown to decrease the production of inflammatory causing chemicals in the prostate.
- Research suggests that saw palmetto helps improve urinary flow and overall prostate function
- Lycopene is an antioxidant that supports immune function. Research shows that carotenoids such as lycopene increase cellular communication, which helps support normal growth of tissue
- Increased dietary intake of lycopene is associated with long-term prostate health
- Lycopene improves cell-to-cell communication and acts as an antioxidant
|Reishi Mushroom extract (Ganoderma lucidum) (fruiting bodies) 4% triterpene
- Reishi mushrooms have been used traditionally for more than 4,000 years.
- Several polysaccharides (chains of sugar molecules) found in reishi mushrooms have immune stimulating capabilities.
- Japanese researchers have found that reishi extract had the strongest 5-alpha reductase activity when compared with 19 other edible and medicinal mushrooms.
- These same researchers determined that 6 mg of reishi mushroom extract improved quality of life in men with lower urinary tract symptoms.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
The saw palmetto fruit extract is standardized to 85-95% total fatty acids.
The Reishi mushroom extract is standardized to 4% triterpene.
6. Is the formula kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No, this product contains gelatin. The gelatin found in the capsules is made from bovine (cow) and/ or porcine (pig) sources. Our capsules are all pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Does this product contain any common allergens?
The product contains no milk or milk by-products, egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, and soybean or soybean by-products.
This product is naturally gluten free.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Sunflower oil, gelatin, glycerin, yellow beeswax, sunflower lecithin, purified water, carob in glycerin with caramel, dicalcium phosphate, silicon dioxide, rice flour, caramel color, citric acid, hydroalcoholic extractives of St. John bread, olive oil and propylene glycol.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Prostate Plus is safe for most men to take.
This product is not intended for women.
Prostate Plus should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Newport Natural Health's other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Prostate Plus can be taken with all of the products in the Newport Natural Health line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle closed and store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Prostate Plus is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65—the most stringent in the country.
15. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Prostate Plus is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
16. How and when should I take this product?
Take two (2) softgels daily with meals.
17. How many softgels are in the package?
60. Taken as recommended, each package is a 30 day supply of the supplement.