FAQs for Calm EX
1. Why did Dr. Connealy create this product?
Dr. Connealy understands that everyday challenges such as a busy job, hectic schedule, family demands, or major events such as a move, financial problems, or health concerns can wreak havoc on your emotional and physical well-being.
She created Calm EX to promote feelings of relaxation and well-being and to help reduce the symptoms of stress that are present in your day-to-day life.
2. Who should take this product?
Calm EX is designed for anyone looking for nutritional support to help reduce the symptoms of physical, mental and emotional stress.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Helps to promote feelings of well-being
- Helps to reduce feelings of stress
- Supports a positive mood
- Supports a positive mental outlook
- Helps to promote optimal mental function
- Helps promote alert mental relaxation
- Helps the body cope with stress
- May help promote better sleep
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 1 Vege-cap
Venetron® Apocynum venetum Leaf Extract
- Venetron® is a proprietary standardized extract of Apocynum venetum – a shrub in the dogbane family that grows extensively in China’s mid- to northwestern regions.
- A. venetum has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine to soothe nerves and promote relaxation.
- Venetron® contains consistent levels of several bioactive compounds, including flavonoids (hyperoside, isoquercitrin, malonylhyperoside, and quercitrin) that are believed to be responsible for its mood enhancing effect.
- A flavonoid in Venetron® known as kaempferol has been shown to promote relaxation in mice studies.
- Several clinical studies suggest that 50 mg of Venetron® helps reduce stress, improve mood, promote better sleep, and increase serotonin levels.
- A small clinical trial in students showed that the combination of Venetron® and GABA helps reduce cortisol levels and other markers of cognitive-induced mental stress.
GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid)
- GABA is an amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It is essential for brain metabolism, aiding in proper brain function.
- GABA is a nonessential amino acid that is formed in the body from another amino acid, glutamic acid. Its function is to decrease neuron activity and inhibit nerve cells from over firing.
- In the body, GABA works with niacin and inositol to increase relaxation and prevent stress-related messages from reaching the motor centers of the brain.
- GABA helps calm the body without causing drowsiness.
- Several studies suggest that supplementing with 100 mg of GABA helps promote mental relaxation by stimulating alpha and beta brain waves.
- There is a belief that green tea is relaxing due to the presence of L-theanine and its calming effects on the mind.
- L-Theanine helps increase brain alpha-wave activity, which is the signal produced when the brain is in a relaxed state.
- Several studies suggest that supplementing with 200 mg of L-theanine helps ease stress and promote alert relaxation.
- L-Theanine has research to support that it helps improve sleep efficiency and promotes a better mental state upon waking.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
6. Is the formula Kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
Yes, the product is free of milk or milk by-products, egg or egg byproducts, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, and soybean or soybean by-products.
It contains no artificial colors or preservatives. This product is also sugar free.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Hypromellose, L-Leucine and silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this or any product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Pregnant or lactating women should consult a health care professional before taking this product.
People taking blood pressure medications may want to consult their health care professional before taking this product.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. What is the difference between Calm EX and your other mood-enhancing product, Saffronex?
Calm EX goes to work fast to help deal with stress and overwhelming feelings. It helps calm your emotions, regain control, and restore your peace of mind so you can relax and get on with your day.
Saffronex is designed to help lift your spirits when you are feeling down, sad, or unmotivated. It's been proven to chase away the blues and restore your happy, positive mood.
13. Can I take this product with Dr. Connealy’s other recommended nutritional supplements?
Yes, Calm EX is designed to be safe to take with all of the other products in the Newport Natural Health line.
However, we recommend that when it comes to choosing between Calm EX and Saffronex, you should take the one that's most appropriate for your specific needs or concerns.
14. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and store it in a cool, dry place.
15. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Calm EX is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California’s Proposition 65 – the most stringent in the country.
16. Is this product tested for microbiological contamination?
Product safety is paramount to Newport Natural Health. Every batch of Dr. Connealy’s Calm EX is tested for microbiological contamination to prevent consumer exposure to harmful pathogens and food-borne illnesses.
Each batch is delivered to Newport Natural Health with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer showing that the products are free from harmful pathogens (Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas), and that the yeast, mold and total plate counts are below the levels set by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) – one of the most rigorous microbial limits in the USA.
17. How and when should I take this product?
Take one (1) vege-cap daily, or as directed by a medical professional.
18. How many vege-caps are in the bottle?
30. Taken as recommended, each bottle is a 30 day supply of the supplement.